The language of thorns book review


The Language of Thorns 
Midnight Tales and Dangerous magic 
By Leigh Bardugo


I really loved this book. The Language of Thorns is a book filled with a collection of short stories containing revenge, love, betrayal, and sacrifice. 

My first impression of this book was that it was beautiful, I absolutely loved the illustrations on the inside of the book and the colorful text. the text and illustrations helped paint a better picture in my mind of the stories and emotions felt throughout.

Previous to this book I had never read a collection of short stories before, to be honest, I didn't know how it was going to go. I wasn't sure how I would go switching between stories constantly, but I found it really easy. most of the stories were between 30-60 pages containing just the right amount of detail needed to be a successful story. all the stories were written wonderfully, I loved the use of magic and the imagery it produced.

the only problem that I had with the book was one story, for some reason I wasn't able to connect with it as I had with all the others. I found it hard to understand at the start, then by the time I understood it was basically over and I didn't really know the backstory of the characters. this was probably my fault though and not the style of writing or the book itself.

overall I really loved this book, I definitely fulfilled my need for magical stories and opened up my mind to short stories and other genres. In the future, I can definitely see myself reading more from Leigh Bardugo and if you are someone that is looking for some short stories surrounding magic and midnight tales I would definitely recommend this book.

Score - 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I tell you book review

Watercolour flowers

3 tips on how to deal with anxiety