Watercolour flowers

Watercolour Flowers

For this post I wanted to share my recent watercolour work, I don't know a whole bunch about watercolour so I haven't done any major pieces of work. I mainly just experiment with techniques and colours. 

Materials used:

Watercolour paper
Winsor & Newton half pan set (not sure of the specifics)
Water brush








As you can see from these two pieces I really like flowers, I experimented with the colours and the style of flower. I like the first page better then the second as I feel it is something I feel is more my 'style' of work, it's not perfect and it's kind of messy. 

with the first page I drew the flowers out in pencil then went over that with watercolour, it helped with the messy effect and I really like the way that the shades of colour overlapped. 

with the second page, I didn't draw out any lines I went straight in with the paint and didn't paint the inside of the flowers. I don't like the second page as much as the first one as it looks too neat, I also decided to keep the flowers all the same size but looking back I don't really like how it looks all together.

I hope you enjoy my watercolour work, if there is anything you guy's want me to paint or explore related to watercolour just let me know :)

Comments

  1. You are definitely talented and I think that it's great to be so passionate about something! This is definitely something that I would like to try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I tell you book review

3 tips on how to deal with anxiety