3 tips on how to deal with anxiety

3 tips on how to deal with anxiety

To start off this post I just want to say that I am in no way an expert on mental health or anything to do with it. I'm making this post as I have recently discovered that I probably have anxiety, I have decided to come up with 3 tips that I use nearly daily to help me, in the hopes that it might help someone else going through the same thing.

1. Breathe - 
breathing is one of the simplest and quickest way to help with anxiety. If you start to feel anxious breath in deeply for five seconds then breathe out for six seconds, doing this for 30 seconds or more increases the supply of oxygen to the brain, stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, ultimatly creating a state of calmness. You could even do some deep breathing for 20-30 minutes daily to reduce daily stress and anxiety.

adult, air, beautiful

2. Meditation - 
My school is currently doing a meditation session at lunch, I have found that this has really helped me stay calm and reduce my anxiety in a situation where I feel anxious. meditation strengthens a persons ability to regulate emotions, as anxiety is connected to the inability to regulate emotional responses to threats meditation is a big help. It helps to connect with your surroundings and realise your sense of the present moment.

Women's White Top and Orange Floral Skirt


3. Walks - 
Whenever I feel anxious if I'm able to go for a walk. A 10-minute walk is able to relieve anxiety and might even be as good as 45 minutes of exercise. Exercise may help mental health through helping the brain cope with stress.

fashion, footwear, grass

I hope these tips are able to help anyone reading this and makes them feel more comfortable when they feel anxious. these tips can also be used for someone to help someone going through anxiety.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you in the next post :) 






*All images are from Pexels*






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I tell you book review

Watercolour flowers