If I tell you book review

If I tell you by Alicia Tuckerman

If I tell you is a book set in Australia, about a girl named Alex Summers who is dealing with being gay. The story follows Alex in her perspective discovering her sexuality in a town that is filled woith homophobic people. As the story progresses Alex meets a girl named Phoenix Stone and her life is changed forever.

I really liked this book! The characters were well developed, the imagery used was good and the book flowed all throughout. In some parts of the book, I felt it went a bit quicker or it was easy to tell what was going to happen next, but overall it was really good.

this book was very emotional, not only did Alex have to deal with ridicule from the town she also at times got it from her family. it saddened me to discover what it can be like for some people that are having trouble coming out. this is one of the first books I have ever cried while reading, it definitely brought out a lot of emotions which i loved The ending was the saddest part in my opinion even though it was slightly predictable.

This has to be one of my favourite books, I love the emotions created while reading it and the characters relationships and overall it was a really well put together book. Overall I don't really have anything bad to say about this book. I would definitely recommend this book to people who are intrigued by it through this post! 

Score: 9/10

Comments

  1. Thank you for this emotional review. The last time I cried over a book, was when I read Herman Hesse's Siddhartha. I appreciate sensitive readers and good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I will definitely be checking that book out, I need a new book to cry over 😂

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a book in so long. I need one for summer, this sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very comprehensive review that will compel anyone to give this book a shot. If what you wrote is true, it sure is going to be a heart wrenching read. Will definitely read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I definitely recommend it :)

      Delete
  4. I loved this review, I haven't heard of the book before but your review will surely have me looking for it. I enjoy reading so much. I haven't got as much time for it with 8 kids as I did in my younger years but the love for a good book is still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! You should definitely check it out :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolour flowers

3 tips on how to deal with anxiety